Our Shipley Curriculum
Jesus said’ I have come that you may have life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10)
He calls us to a full life in mind, body, heart and spirit. Therefore, we believe the purpose of education is to nurture learners who: Don’t stop learning. Don’t stop being teachable. Don’t stop growing. Who remain life – long learners, and keep the wonder of the moments
At Shipley CE Primary School, we understand the necessity for all pupils to receive a high-quality education that promotes their development and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. We also know and understand the need for a broad and ambitious curriculum whilst in school.
Our Overarching Intent
At Shipley, our ambitious curriculum is driven by the school’s Christian vision and values. The school vision statement of ‘Nurturing Creative Thinking For Life-long Learning’ underpins everything we do.
We want our children to:
- Have a thorough knowledge of the physical world we live in
- Develop an understanding of the impact that humans have had on the world and how we continue to shape it
- Celebrate, share and learn about their different cultural and spiritual beliefs
Our Curriculum Approach
- We have used the National Curriculum to help us create our own broad and balanced curriculum that takes into account our pupils’ backgrounds and interests.
- All learning is sequenced coherently to build upon pupils’ knowledge and skills and show progression across the year groups.
- Our ambitious curriculum provides pupils with the opportunities and experiences to develop their cultural literacy.
- Pupils of all abilities are supported to achieve their potential throughout our inclusive curriculum, including those with special educational needs.
Through this approach, we aim for each child to confidently enter the next stage of their education with the necessary skills and knowledge to become successful lifelong learners.
Should you wish to obtain further information regarding our curriculum please ask your child's class teacher in the first instance.
Intent, Implementation and Impact
To further enrich the curriculum, our children
are taken on
a variety of trips and residentials...
See below for our wider school curriculum document for 20/21
Please click here for our Nursery Long Term Plan for 20/21
Please click here for our Reception Long Term Plan for 20/21
|Please click on the subject links below to see our curriculum documents|
|Art & Design||Computing||Geography||History|
|Design Technology||Physical Education||PSHE||Music|
|Modern Foreign Language - Spanish||Early Years Foundation Stage||Safeguarding Curriculum Overview,|