Shipley CE Mathematics Curriculum
At Shipley C of E, we aim to ensure that our children have access to a high quality mathematics curriculum that is both challenging and enjoyable. We want to develop our children into confident mathematicians who are not afraid to take risks. Children need opportunities to make rich connections across mathematical ideas to develop fluency, mathematical reasoning and competence in solving increasingly sophisticated problems. It is vital for our children to be able to see how mathematics is relevant to their world, and applicable to everyday life. We also aim to instill ‘lifelong learning’ and an understanding of how mathematics is something that the children will need as they move through their school life and into the world of employment.
Mathematics - Intent, Implementation and Impact
Click on the links below to view each year group's long term planning documents...
|The following links will take you to our progression documents for each area of Mathematics|
|place value||addition and subtraction||multiplication and division|
|fractions||ratio and proportion||algebra|
|measurement||geometry - properties of shape||geometry - position and movement|
The following link will take you to our Early Years and Year One progression in Maths document
Click here to view our MATHS VOCABULARY progression document
|Our Calculation Policy can be found here|
How can you help at home?
Ways you might help your child to get a head start in Mathematics;
- Play games that involve maths skills - dice games, card games etc.
- Bring maths into every day activities - counting the cutlery when setting the table; looking at the clock to tell the time; handling money - adding small amounts of money when shopping and calculating the change.
- There are lots of online activities and apps that help children to learn number facts; these support your child's fluency.
- Make sure your child knows all their multiplication tables to 12 by the end of Y4.
- https://www.familymathstoolkit.org.uk useful sites to support families with mathematics