Welcome From the Headteacher and Governors
On behalf of the school we would like to welcome you to our website.
Shipley is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School that celebrates its diverse multi- faith community. We pride ourselves in our family ethos and our love of learning.
We are a happy, safe and ambitious school. Our vision was created by the whole school community and we value the support of the whole school community in developing and delivering it. At Shipley, we treat everyone equally and with respect. Our developing curriculum offers a rich and varied range of opportunities and experiences to equip all learners with the emotional, spiritual and moral intelligence to lead them through a successful and healthy life. We value learning from each other and the world around us. Our creative, dedicated and approachable staff promote aspiration and achievement in all areas of learning and we strive to provide all children with an education that will enable them to be resilient lifelong learners.
Our children are happy learners. We deliver a curriculum which has strong local and global links and encourages us to use our environment to be physically active and challenge us in many different ways. Learning from the wider community in all aspects of school life is a priority for our school and supporting others where we can. Our developing links with St Pauls Church and the wider community provide opportunities to take our learning further afield. Our children leave Shipley with a strong sense of belonging, a thirst for learning and aiming high.
Latest School Calendar Events
- School Choir perform carols in Asda18Dec2017
10:00 am - 12:00 pm @ Asda - Shipley
A group of pupils from Shipley will be getting into the festive spirit and entertaining our local community by singing carols at our Shipley Asda Store. Come and join us.
- Pupil Progress update18Dec2017
This week you will receive an update on your child's progress from the Autumn term.
- Non Uniform Day20Dec2017
We try to raise money for school as much as we can. Non uniform days are simple but exciting days for pupils to celebrate the end of term and all of their hard work but raise some well needed funds for school too. Suggested donation £1 per child. Please support us. Non uniform money is put towards events and resources for pupils such as Christmas attendance rewards, buddy uniform, playground resources, visitors in school.
- School Closes for Christmas20Dec2017
- Carols around the tree20Dec2017
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm @ Main Hall
Come and join us for festivities and mince pies around the Christmas tree.
- Joiners started work today on the new school library and ICT suite.
- Children enjoyed a choice of traditonal, halal and vegetarian christmas dinner today.
- Parents would like to say a big thank you to staff who helped getting children safely into school this morning.
- Friday 15th December is National Christmas Jumper day for Save the Children. Children are invited to wear a Christmas Jumper in school for a donation towards Save the Children.
- English classes begin on Wednesday 22nd. Please contact the school office if you would like to book a place.
Shipley, West Yorkshire
01274 583 900