Welcome From the Headteacher and Governors
On behalf of the school we would like to welcome you to our website.
Shipley is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School that celebrates its diverse multi- faith community. We pride ourselves in our family ethos and our love of learning.
We are a happy, safe and ambitious school. Our vision was created by the whole school community and we value the support of the whole school community in developing and delivering it. At Shipley, we treat everyone equally and with respect. Our developing curriculum offers a rich and varied range of opportunities and experiences to equip all learners with the emotional, spiritual and moral intelligence to lead them through a successful and healthy life. We value learning from each other and the world around us. Our creative, dedicated and approachable staff promote aspiration and achievement in all areas of learning and we strive to provide all children with an education that will enable them to be resilient lifelong learners.
Our children are happy learners. We deliver a curriculum which has strong local and global links and encourages us to use our environment to be physically active and challenge us in many different ways. Learning from the wider community in all aspects of school life is a priority for our school and supporting others where we can. Our developing links with St Pauls Church and the wider community provide opportunities to take our learning further afield. Our children leave Shipley with a strong sense of belonging, a thirst for learning and aiming high.
Latest School Calendar Events
- NSPCC workshop for Year 5 & 627Feb2018
12:00 am - 1:00 am
Years 5 and 6 will have workshops lead by the NSPCC as part of our safeguarding curriculum
- NSPCC parent workshop28Feb2018
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Parents are invited into school for an hour long workshop lead by the NSPCC. They will focus on how to keep your child safe when using online devices.
- NSPCC sponsored event01Mar2018
12:00 am - 1:00 am
All pupils will take part in a sing-a-thon and dance-at-thon. Please sponsor your child for this event.
- Coffee & Chat01Mar2018
9:00 am - 10:30 am @ Nurture Room
- World Book Day01Mar2018
Pupils are invited to come dressed up for the day as their favorite book character.
- Well done to our Young Voices choir who sang with 5268 pupils from school around the country at Sheffield Arena last month.
- Term and holiday dates for academic Year 2018-2019 available via the parent tab.
- Thank you reception class for caring about our environment and picking up the litter that had gathered around our school grounds. What a team!
- We have available places from 8.00am until 8.55am and 3.15pm until 5.30pm for 5-11 year olds.
- Thank you to those parents who completed a feedback / comment form to Governors at the October parents evening. Your comments have now been added to the website under the parent section.
Shipley, West Yorkshire
01274 583 900