Equal Opportunities Statement
Our school makes all members of our community feel welcome and valued. Our vision and values promote inclusive and equality and tackle discrimination. We have high expectations for all our pupils irrespective of race, creed, gender or disability. Our equalities statement is guided by some core principles:
- All learners are of equal value;
- We recognise and respect difference;
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of community and belonging;
- We observe good practice in recruitment, retention and staff development;
- We aim to reduce and challenge barriers to equality that already exist.
Click here for information published in line with the PSED (Public Sector Equality Duty) of the Equality Act 2010.
Please find our Equalities policy on the policies section of our web site.
Our equality objectives
To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities . We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity;
To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum;
To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that develop a growth mindset and avoid labeling;
To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school;
To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To ensure all our work on including less confident parents and minority groups is sustained and developed;
- To sustain our focus on interventions and teaching styles that work to narrow the gap between pupil premium and non pupil premium children.