At Shipley CE Primary, we believe that our sequenced History curriculum provides our learners with every chance and opportunity to gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past, locally and that of the wider world. We inspire our learners to become life-long historians who are curious about the world in which they live and are eager to know more about the past and its impact on the present. Through using evidence, our learners are supported to develop their historical enquiry skills through asking questions and thinking critically.
Intent, Implementation and Impact
History Long Term Plan
Progression in History
How can you help at home?
- Visit local sites of historical interest (for example: Saltaire, Salts Mills)
- Visit museums and discuss what you see there (Bradford Media Museum, Cliffe Castle Museum, Cartwright Hall, Bronte Parsonage Museum)
- Discuss current events and the historical relevance of what is happening in the news
- Encourage children to research their questions so they can choose the best sources of information
- Discuss events of the past with older members of their families
- Learn about famous people in history
- Watch documentaries/films about historical events.